|Habitat for Humanity||Charitable Contributions||Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation|
Toronto Real Estate Board Members' Charitable Contributions Program
To help bring awareness to the charitable efforts of REALTORS® within local communities and abroad, TREB is asking REALTORS® to share their stories of Charitable Contributions.
TREB will promote the efforts of our REALTOR® Members in various TREB newspaper/magazine columns which includes the Toronto Sun, Toronto Star and Resale Homes and Condo Magazine, as well TREB’s various websites including its social media sites.
The Toronto Real Estate Board REALTOR®’s involvement and charitable efforts within local communities and abroad. That is why TREB felt is necessary to create a program that brings to light the extent of these efforts and the lives affected by the contributions.
Please read the eligibility criteria and application requirement to submit your story for a chance to have your story told.
>>> Click here to see the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements.
>>> To submit application online, click here.
Furniture Bank Housewares Drive MONTH – October 2014
September 29, 2014 -- TREB has partnered with the Furniture Bank organization to host a Housewares Drive throughout the month of October. The donated items collected will provide houseware essentials to recipients in need within our community.
All donations are gladly accepted at:
Furniture Bank Receiving Area
25 Connell Court, #1
Toronto, ON M8Z 1E8
To arrange a houseware items pick up through the Furniture Bank Social Enterprise Program, please call (416) 934-1229 Ext. #1 citing promo code TREB15 to receive your 15% TREB discount for the entire month of October.
See details [pdf] for a list of appropriate items for donation.
Furniture Bank Contact:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, FURNITURE BANK
Phone: (416) 934-1229 (ext. 721)
Registered Charitable # 87253 1843 RR0001
TREB's Breakfast Program Volunteers Needed
TREB's Children's Breakfast Program in need of Volunteers. TREB's Children's Breakfast Program has grown from two schools in 2008 to include 15 schools within the GTA. The beginning ofthe 2011-12 school year is fast approaching and our program is in need of new and continuing volunteer.
Volunteering is an activity you can share with family, friends, neighbours and clients; everyone is welcome to join our team! Please help us to provide a nutritious breakfast to children in our communities to ensure they begin each day ready and able tolearn and succeed.
If you or someone you know is able to commit to one hour for one morning a week to assist with the Children’s Breakfast Program in any of the following participating schools, please contact Angela Marini at 416-443-8190 or Carolyn Griffis at 416-409-6221 to volunteer.
* Please note that volunteering for the Children’s Breakfast Program is available to high school students and counts towards the 40 volunteer hours required to graduate.
- Blake Street Junior Public School (Pape & Riverdale area)
- Thorncliffe Park Public School (Don Mills & Overlea area)
- Secord Elementary School (Main & Danforth area)
- First Nations Public School (Broadview & Dundas area)
- Lord Dufferin Public School (Parliament/Jarvis)
- Kingslake Public School (Sheppard & Don Mills area)
- Valley Park Middle School (Don Mills & Overlea area)
- Tom Longboat Jr. Public School (Neilson & 401 area)
- Corvette Junior Public School (Kennedy & Eglinton area)
- Duke of Connaught Public School (Woodbine & Queen St. East area)
- Woodbine Junior High School (Don Mills Road East) / Vanier Secondary School
- Eastview Junior Public School (Kingston & Galloway area)
- Ecole Queen Alexandra Middle School (Broadview & Dundas area)
- D.A. Morrison (Woodbine & Cosburn area)
Through various fundraising events, Toronto Real Estate Board Members have
been able to raise money to make significant contributions to charities such as Habitat for Humanity GTA, resulting in the construction of a Habitat home
for a family in need.
TREB builds Habitat Home
June 14, 2010 -- TREB has again joined forces with Habitat for Humanity Toronto to provide simple, decent and affordable housing for families currently living in substandard housing in the GTA. TREB is building one of 29 townhome units at 4572 Kingston Road in Scarborough. This site represents the 225th affordable home build by Habitat Toronto since 1988.
Recently, TREB President Tom Lebour was invited to participate in the groundbreaking ceremony of this newest site and meet the TREB partner family selected by Habitat for Humanity Toronto as the new home owners of TREB's Habitat Home build.
The Matin Family of six was on site on June 8th to share in the shovel presentation at the groundbreaking. Merajuddin Matin is looking forward to moving his wife and four children into their new home upon completion. "Right now our life is very difficult" Merajuddin explains. "We're six people living in a small, two bedroom apartment. A new home means a brighter future for our children".
Since 2003, TREB has contributed to six other home builds with Habitat for Humanity Toronto, including a co-sponsorship home build with OREA in 2005 at Lakeshore Villages.
More about TREB and Habitat for Humanity.
- Habitat for Humanity Toronto Appreciation Book
- REALTORS® Offer Key to a Better Life
- It's Time To Lend a Helping Hand
- GTA REALTORS® Continue to Help Build Communities with Habitat for Humanity
- GTA REALTORS® Working with Elected Representatives to Create Affordable Housing
- Habitat for Humanity Build (video)
- Habitat for Humanity Build (photo slideshow)
Read more about TREB and REALTOR® Fundraising
- Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter
- Christie Refugee Centre
- John Gibson House – Loft Community Services
- GTA REALTORS® Donate $485,410 to Shelter Charities
- Matthew House is Canada's refuge for refugees
- Providing Shelter, Support and Hope
- Furniture Bank Offers A Helping Hand
- Inspired By The Volunteer Efforts Of REALTORS®
- Let's Recognize Those Who Do Good Works
- Serving Others is the Highest Honour of All
- TREB hosts REALTORS Care Foundation Annual Motorcycle Ride for Charity
- Working Hard to Make a Difference
- Charity Begins and Ends at Home
- Recognizing Our Volunteer Effort
- REALTORS® Give Back